The Town of Queen Creek is primarily located in the southeast corner of Maricopa County with some overlap into Pinal County. The Town is within 10 minutes of Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and 45 minutes of Sky Harbor International Airport. This small town is an oasis in the East Valley of the Phoenix metropolitan area is a world apart from city life. Families on irrigated acre lots and in friendly subdivisions live among farmers and ranches, enjoying a rural lifestyle.
The Town of Queen Creek attracts thousands of visitors each year for its u-pick fruit and vegetable crops and seasonal festivals. Scenic views include the San Tan Mountains to the south and the Superstition Mountains to the northeast. San Tan Mountain Regional Park offers open space and recreational opportunities. As development occurs and funding allows, Queen Creek is acquiring and developing two major washes crossing the community as the foundation of a parks and trail system. Historical sites include the Old Main school building and the ruins of a Butterfield Stage stop. The population of Queen Creek is estimated at 26,490.
Source: Arizona Department of Commerce
1. Location. Queen Creek is about 35 miles from Phoenix, yet still retains its rustic charm. Many cowboys and farmers still live in Queen Creek. You still see horses in fields and farmers on tractors.
2. Good Food. Queen Creek is home to the Queen Creek Olive Mill. This place is cool. Excellent food and atmosphere. Queen Creek Olive Mill is Arizona’s only working olive farm & mill.
3. Family Fun. Schnepf Farms is located in Queen Creek. It is a real working farm. They have lots of festivals and events, including the Peach Festival. There is a cute little train that goes around the farm. The kids love it.
4. Culture. The Queen Creek Performing Arts Center. Community theatre, family theatre, summer camps, and cool concerts. Be a part of something amazing.
5. Horses. Do you love horses? Then you will love Queen Creek's Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre.
6. The Barn. I know, the title said 5 reason, but I like to give a little extra. Barney Family Sports Complex, we just call it "The Barn", is a great place to play dodge ball, soccer, and volleyball.
Welcome to Queen Creek, Arizona.